Our TOP TIPS to get you back on track after the holidays!
It’s only natural to feel discouraged with your body after the holidays if you indulged a little more than you wanted to. Rest assured you’re not alone, as many of us are feeling the post-holiday bloating right along with you!
This blog post was written for those of us who aren’t loving the way we look and feel right now, and also for those people who want to get back on track and in control of their health again right now.
Here are a few of Vfinity’s top tips from our clean eating pros to get you back on track!
- Honor where you’re at right now. Don’t beat yourself up for your holiday indulgences.
- Start by changing how you think:
If you’re trying to eat healthier, think of yourself as a person who eats clean and makes healthy choices.
- Take the next doable step to get you back to where you want to be.
- Don’t think of yourself as someone trying to lose weight, and don’t label yourself as “dieting” or “avoiding junk foods.” Statistics show that placing these types of restrictions on yourself sets you up for failure.
- Successful people do what other successful people are doing. Partner up or follow someone who’s living the healthy lifestyle that you want to live. The buddy system works well when it comes to health and wellness.
- Set Boundaries. For example, You walk in to work in the morning, and you’re face-to-face with a plate of left over holiday cookies. Remind yourself of the boundaries you’ve put in place, such as “I’m a clean and healthy eater,” and that healthy eaters don’t eat cookies for breakfast. (Then smile, pat yourself on the back, and keep on walking to your desk!) #winning
- Get rid of the temptations! If it isn’t in your house you can’t eat it. Plain and simple. When you have a weak moment like we all do, this food won’t be around to grab for in a pinch.
- Get back into your routine. Don’t let the lure of the post holiday fatigue set it. Cut up those veggies and protein snacks like grilled chicken, and keep them in the fridge for when hunger sets in.
- Give your digestive system a rest, especially if you’re up a few pounds after the holiday weekend. Consider drinking meal replacement smoothies like our protein packed V1 Smoothie, or our detoxifying V2 GREENS for breakfast and lunch, and then eating a clean, healthy meal of mostly clean protein and veggies for dinner.
- Consider cutting out or cutting down on sugar for a week or two following the holiday. It’ll give you an awesome jump start to getting back in the groove, and you’ll quickly see encouraging results.
We can’t stress enough not to beat yourself up! Maybe you didn’t make the best choices over the holidays, and you’re disappointed with the number you’re seeing on the scale? It’s perfectly ok to cut yourself some slack while you get back up on your healthy horse. Negative self talk will only sabotage your efforts before you even get a chance to start. And please remember this: Wellness looks different for everybody!
Here’s to #doingittogetherwithvfinity in 2019!